Saturday, August 20, 2011

Last days in New Zealand before flying home!

 After my four weeks in Australia, I returned to NZ to fly home from there. Well I tried... thanks to the Volcanic Ash Could which came from Chile, I was trapped in Melbourne for two days because all flights to Auckland had been cancelled! But Helga and Theo were really nice and I stayed with them for that time. so when I finally arrived in Auckland I had about six days left before my flight back home. I decided to explore Northland since I hadn't done that so far. And I have to say it was amazing. I really loved it up there in Pahia and I was impressed by Cape Reinga. You can see the Tidal Race where the Tasman Sea and the Pacific Ocean are meeting. Moreover I loved the Maori belief on how this is the point where the spirit of their dead are meeting and from there resend to the so called "homeland". I felt like there is an really special atomosphere at the Cape!
The Meeting Point of the two Oceans
The Lighthouse at Cape Reinga



90 Mile Beach

Hundertwasser toilets at Kawakawa

No comments:

Post a Comment