Thursday, November 1, 2012

Quilting...well first of all: Patchwork

Good morning!
Today is "All Saints' Day" (Allerheiligen) in Germany. Here in Bavaria it is a official holiday and I do not have  school.
Since it is gloomy  weather today and I still got headaches I decieded to work on my Quilt!
The Top is almost done! Right now I am working on the seam. At least that is how we call it in Germany!
My beloved boyfriend has to work today (although it is a holiday...). This means I got space and time to make a mess and lay out my sewing things all over the living room!




The Plan is to finish the Top this weekend. My Grandmom  is something like a crafting and quilting champion for me. She will come back to Munich after spending a couple of weeks in Rosenheim, where she grew up.
Then the plan is to decide about the back of my quilt: What kind of fabiric and of course which colour!
My Grandmom does all quilting by hand. I am way to impatient for that, so I am going to give maschine quilting a try... Hopefully it is going to work! But I will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment